السلام عليكم,
Hellow there, it’s Rima (ريمى in Arabic).
As a morrocan I want to share with you in this post about my country since it’s our Independence Day (for those of you who didn’t guess … I’m from the Kingdom of Morocco :D (yeah must admit the kingdom thing wasn’t that obvious…)
Morocco is located on the North West coast of Africa and has ports in the North Atlantic Ocean as well as the Mediterranean Sea. It is the third most populous Arab country. Morocco shares the largest part of its border with Algeria to the East and Western Saharah to the South.
Concretely, it’s here :
Marrakech :
Dakhla :
Agadir :
3- Food :
Have you ever tasted morrocan food ??? It’s so yummy but won’t keep in you shape !! But, seriously do you really think your body gonna think diet when your papillae gonna taste those spices ?
Hellow there, it’s Rima (ريمى in Arabic).
As a morrocan I want to share with you in this post about my country since it’s our Independence Day (for those of you who didn’t guess … I’m from the Kingdom of Morocco :D (yeah must admit the kingdom thing wasn’t that obvious…)
Morocco is located on the North West coast of Africa and has ports in the North Atlantic Ocean as well as the Mediterranean Sea. It is the third most populous Arab country. Morocco shares the largest part of its border with Algeria to the East and Western Saharah to the South.
Concretely, it’s here :
Our official language is Arabic and the second speaked is French, adding to that Amazigh. But we also, speak English and Spanish. Yeah we’re kind of awesome… What I love about my country is that is rich ( no, not because we’re Arabs then we’re rich… we’re not.. financially..)
We are rich in terms of culture. And yeah our food is beyond delicious (trust me on that !) I can not be fair about the cultural diversity in Morroco in one article, but I’ll try to resume it.
1- People :
Throughout Moroccan history, Morocco has hosted many peoples, in addition to the indigenous Berbers, coming from the East (Phoenicians, Arabs), South (Sub-Saharan African), and North (Romans, Vandals, Spanish-Andalusians both Muslims and Jewish).It has also hosted many forms of beliefs, from Paganism, Judaism, Christianity to Islam.
What I love about its people it’s their diversity. We’re so different but so the same. I don’t know if you can get me but I love how the fact that we all belong here defines us as a community. Moroccan are known by being generous. And they are. You can not die starving in Morocco. There will always be someone who’ll share his lunch with you, a family who opens its door for you or even a restaurant who’ll give you food for free. And if you were a tourist with a super bad experience here .. well I feel you .. I’ve been a tourist myself and I had a couple of bad experience but it’s not the citizens’ fault, but just this person or people you met. In bad times as funerals or in happy ones as weddings, people are solidary and that’s heart’s melting.. or it’s my hormones.. never mind…
2- The cities
Each region in Morocco possesses its own uniqueness, contributing to the national culture. I live in Casablanca, the economic capital and no we don’t drive camels ( but cars, fancy ones sometimes… but I wish we did, camels are freaking amazing ! )
Here some pictures of my favorite cities :
Chefchaouen
Marrakech :
Dakhla :
Agadir :
3- Food :
Have you ever tasted morrocan food ??? It’s so yummy but won’t keep in you shape !! But, seriously do you really think your body gonna think diet when your papillae gonna taste those spices ?
4- Oriental Dresses
Okay, the fashion addict in me is gonna talk now. I just LOVE oriental dresses from caftans to djellabas. I just love how classy, colorful, happy and modest in the same time it looks !
This is me and my beautiful cousin in her wedding (I’m the short one in right :D )
I would love to know about you guys and the 4 things you love about your country.










Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire